The Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA) is now accepting submissions for PATA Face of the Future 2020. Deadline for submissions is February 10, 2020.
PATA is a not-for-profit membership association that acts as a catalyst for the responsible development of travel and tourism to, from and within the Asia Pacific region. As part of its activities, the Association is dedicated to human capital development (HCD) across the broad spectrum of the travel and tourism industry. The primary focus of the Association’s HCD programme is the development of the ‘Young Tourism Professional’ (YTP).
To highlight PATA’s commitment to HCD, the Association annually presents a special award and prize to an exceptional ‘rising star’ in the industry. All recipients of this prestigious award have exhibited initiative and leadership in the advancement of tourism as well as demonstrating commitment to the sustainable development of the Asia Pacific travel industry in line with PATA’s mission.
The PATA Face of the Future 2020 will be invited to join the PATA Executive Board as a non-voting member and observer. The winner will also be provided a speaking opportunity at the PATA Youth Symposium and the half-day UNWTO/PATA Leaders Debate during the PATA Annual Summit 2020 from March 31-April 3 in Ras Al Khaimah, United Arab Emirates (UAE). In addition, the PATA Face of the Future 2020 will receive complimentary round-trip economy class air ticket and accommodation to attend the Association’s Dinner and Awards Presentation during the event.
Other benefits include:
- Recognition as the PATA Face of the Future 2020 including the use of a corresponding brand identity logo
- Mentorship opportunity with PATA CEO Dr. Mario Hardy
- Opportunities to speak at other PATA events or partner events on behalf of PATA.
- Global media exposure via PATA’s far-reaching communication channels
- Opportunity to participate in PATA Committee meetings as an ‘Observer’. Join international discussions and grow your professional network in various sectors including Aviation/Carrier, Government/Destination, Hospitality, HCD, Industry Council and Sustainability
- Build your profile as a mentor for the PATA Young Tourism Professional (YTP) Mentorship Programme to develop young tourism professional students in the region
- Complimentary registration to one PATAcademy-HCD workshop of your choice in 2020
- One blog post about your passion and journey to success
“While the PATA youth networks continues to grow year on year, the Face of the Future award provides us with the perfect opportunity to showcase a young tourism professional who is making a meaningful and effective contribution to the responsible development of the travel and tourism industry. In addition, it highlights the Association’s continued emphasis on on human capital development within the Asia Pacific region,”said PATA CEO Dr. Mario Hardy. “The PATA Face of the Future winner lends a voice to young tourism professionals everywhere, not only during the PATA Annual Summit in Ras Al Khaimah, but as a non-voting member of our Executive Board.”
For information about how to enter, eligibility, and judging criteria, please visit www.PATA.org/human-capital-development/face-of-the-future or email Ms Aletheia Tan at fof@PATA.org.
The PATA Annual Summit 2020, generously hosted by the Ras Al Khaimah Tourism Development Authority, brings together international thought leaders, industry shapers, and senior decision-makers who are professionally engaged with the Asia Pacific region, attracting 200-400 delegates from 30+ countries. The Summit serves both as the Association’s Annual General Meeting (AGM) and as a global tourism forum for enhancing the sustainable growth, value and quality of travel and tourism in the Asia Pacific region.
The 4-day programme consists of the association’s executive and advisory board meetings, annual general meeting, and the PATA Youth Symposium; and a one-day conference that addresses major issues relevant to the travel and tourism industry. In addition, PATA in partnership with the UNWTO will be holding a half-day UNWTO/PATA Leaders Debate.
More information about the event can be found at www.PATA.org/pas.